If you have a Samsung device and you don’t like the default task manager, then you can try this alternative task manager. This application that was created by XDA member elnoxvie is called Active Apps and it tracks applications on standby and running mode, easy switch tasks for active applications, view available RAM and a free RAM function. This application also includes a handy Android widget that you can place on one of your home screens.
Originally posted by elnoxvie
[APP]Samsung Active Apps widget (Alternative to Samsung’s Task Manager): Any Launcher
Active Apps is an application which monitor an unusual activity that eats battery or tracking the application that
has been put into standby mode. This is important because some application might not be coded properly. Therefore, even though
it has been put on standby mode (Pressing Home) they are still running, eating CPU and hence your device’s battery.
E.q. browser and gallery apps in the Early Galaxy Tab rom even though it’s closed or stand by, it’s still eating battery.
- Tracking application that has been put on standby and running (I called them Active Apps).
- Easy Switch tasks for Active Application.
- Widget to show Number of Active Applications running which may possibility eating CPUs/Battery
- Provide package manager to manage your application – Faster than stock Application Manager -
- Provide view of Ram, Apps that using RAM and free ram function.
- Provide view of Storage both internal SD and external SD, data and database.
- Provide theme capability – More theme coming soon -
- Provide a flexible customization on many areas of the application.
You can download this application or you can get more information about this application from the application thread.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.